ARAGON, SPAIN – The Spanish MotoGP race weekend at the iconic Aragon circuit sees Alpinestars launch the ‘Randy Mamola’ Legends Series Supertech R Race Replica boot in recognition of one of MotoGP’s most charismatic racing icons, Randy Mamola.
American Champion, Randy Mamola enjoyed an extremely successful career lasting from 1979 through 1992, with Randy finishing second in the premiere 500cc World Championship on four different occasions. Randy competed in 151 races in 500cc racing, securing 13 wins, 57 podiums, five poles and 11 fastest laps, and his unique blend of bike control, racing talent and showmanship saw him become a favorite rider with racing enthusiasts across the globe.
Recognized as one of the sport’s most outgoing personalities, Randy continues to entertain fans on and off the track, piloting the Ducati two-seat MotoGP bike as well as spearheading the Two Wheels for Life charity.
Alpinestars most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest world champions past and present, the Supertech R f eatures performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate and a redesigned front flex area – all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this premium race boot.
The Limited Edition ‘Randy Mamola’ Legends Series Supertech R is a fitting tribute to Randy’s skill and dedication to life on two wheels. Featuring all of the technical innovations of Alpinestars class-leading Supertech R boot, the red, black and white colorway allows fans to enjoy a distinctive, premium race boot fit for Champions.
• Durable and technical microfiber upper construction offering superb levels of flexibility.
• Microfiber main shell offers high levels of water-resistance, durability, and improved weight-savings.
• Material ensures consistent fit for long term usage and is easy to maintain and clean.
• Redesigned front flex area is constructed from over-injected TPU over inject on breathable mesh with shaped reliefs for improve abrasion resistance and natural forward and back movements.
• Top gaiter follows leg contour and is made of flexible high-grade synthetic leather reinforced with PU.
• Lightweight rubber compound sole offers excellent grip and feel and allows for natural flex as the rider changes position and pressure on the foot-peg.
• Newly designed external TPU shin protection is ergonomically shaped and wraps around to outer calf and is engineered to spread and dissipate impact energy across the entire surface while remaining compact.
• Integrated replaceable co-injected TPU/Aluminium toe slider features new easy screw fixing concept provides feel and protects the outer toe box structure from abrasion.
• Replaceable polymer heel plate slider protects from impact and reduces friction in the event of a crash.
• Supertech R boot is CE certified to EN 13634:2010.
INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
• Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle and leg. New research has produced re-profiled double-hinged inner and outer torsion bars to give greater impact protection to the ankle by progressively absorbing flex and rotation stress, reducing pressure and hyper-extension injury to the lower leg joints.
• The inner ankle brace is constructed with a fiberglass reinforced polyamide compound and ergonomically designed closed cell padding to give protection and comfort.
• Alpinestars exclusive lasting process has developed the Supertech R’s fit and feel characteristics to an even greater level, ensuring the inner structure allows the rider maximum feedback from the bike.
• Specially developed polyamide compound moldings give impact protection while retaining the ease of natural skeletal movement.
• Main upper material constructed from breathable mesh and microfiber chassis supported by an inner ankle soft padding for maximum comfort.
• Metal eyelet closure ensures rapid and accurate entry and exit and with micro-adjustability, ensures perfect fitting and security.
• Removable anatomic foot bed is sculpted for precision fit.